Wednesday, September 23, 2009

SIX months old!


Sienna is HALF a year old!!! I feel such a sense of pride in my little kiddo, how much she has grown and learned... and how our family has blossomed and become what it is today. And this leads to thinking of the future and how happy I am to be a mommy, how grateful I am for my healthy, beautiful, goofy girl and loving husband... I will try not to be too sentimental, but these first 6 months of motherhood have of course been so life changing and now I can't imagine it any other way. This is my life, our life...


According to our measurements, Sienna is 28 1/2 inches long and 17.9 pounds! She is now in size 3 diapers, and wears mostly 6-9 or 6-12 months clothes. She has perfected her army crawl, sits on her own for extended periods of time, and loves playing with her leap frog learning/music table. She loves her dogs more than ever, sometimes will just watch them and start laughing hysterically. And her laugh has got to be the cutest thing ever! She is still very social and loves to talk... She watches Sesame Street every morning with Daddy! She has her 2 bottom teeth and is eating more stuff... I have been making just about all of it... most recently butternut squash from Lolly's garden! Her hair is getting much thicker and is really lightening up.


She has her first runny/stuffy nose this week, but has no other symptoms and it's getting better...


She has been doing well with formula... today was my last day an antibiotics so I am going to try to nurse in the morning. I have to have surgery to remove the cyst, and will plan to have it in the next couple weeks... which will be interesting with it being harvest, but will force me to have a day or two off (somehow?)


Being a working mom still has its challenges, especially now working 7 days a week... but nothing compares to the look and smile on her face when I walk in the door. She usually will not let me out of her sight for the majority of the night... And I cherish each moment with her in our evenings together.


I love you Sienna!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker