Sunday, April 26, 2009

One month old!



Sienna is now one month and 3 days old! And I can't believe it! She really has grown a lot. She is now smiling! (I usually miss it on camera of course). She also is much more alert and loves watching the mobile on her swing. It is such an incredible feeling when she looks at us now, studying our faces. She also is quite the noisemaker, squeeking, cooing and sighing.



At her doctor appointment she weighed 10 lbs 12 ounces, was 22 inches long and her head circumference was 39 3/4. This puts her in the 90 percentile for height and weight, and 95 percentile for her head. She gained 18 ounces in 18 days! The average weight gain is 2/3 ounce per day but can range from 1/2-1 1/2 ounce. So she is growing nicely! We have a big girl! Her Newborn size clothes didn't last long, good thing I didn't have many.



So the "Oh my god I am I mom" feeling has faded. Now it just feels normal and like how it is supposed to me. Sometimes its still a bit overwhelming, but mostly parenthood feels natural. It has been so great having Russell home with us. I guess everything happens for a reason. For those that didn't know, he was laid off one week before my last week of work. Of course I hope he finds a job soon, but him having this time to bond with Sienna has been priceless. She is defnitely a daddy's girl, and she is only a newborn once! And its been much easier! I can't imagine if he had to go right back to work!!



We had a great last week! My very good friend Marcey (Auntie) came up from LA last weekend. We relaxed, watched the UFC fight, and she had plenty of Sienna time. It was very hot early in the week, felt like August in the high 90's! Monday we all went to Russell's softball game and BBQ, great weather for that! My dad came in on Thursday and is here staying with us until Mon or Tues. Its been great having him here to meet Sienna and to spend so much time with him. We have watched lots of movies and mainly relaxed at home. Yesterday we took him on a tour of the coast- had lunch in Cambria and drove down through Morro Bay. The beach was way too windy and cold to take Sienna out, so she will have her first beach experience another time. This next weekend my sister Monique is coming out from Texas and my twin sister Sara is driving her up from LA. I can hardly wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker