Monday, May 4, 2009

6 weeks old...



Sienna is 6 weeks old today! Look at how big and strong she has gotten!

I think our girl will be a mover! The last week, we have started "Daddy Jungle Gym" Laying on the couch, Russell will put her so she is standing on his side, laying on him. She lifts her head up high and side to side, pushing up with her feet. Then she will roll over on her side and down his legs, onto her back. Most time making sound effects! She loves it! Being big at birth, she had good head control from the beginning, but its really amazing to see how much stronger she gets every day!



Standing up, leaning on daddy...



After rolling over!



We had a nice afternoon nap, had to share a picture!

I also put her to bed tonight with a bedtime story! (Guess how much I love you) She was laying in her crib listening along and was asleep by the end! A new nighttime ritual indeed.



We have had such a great last few days! Our first night out as parents for our anniversary was so nice! Sure we checked the phone a million times and the conversation kept coming back to our baby girl, but it was just wonderful to be out! We got dressed up and hit the town. (Nice change from being in jammies or sweats all day everyday!) We had martinis (well I did, Russell had beer)at Level 4 (Restaurant & bar) then went to a wine bar for some great tempranillo. Then sushi and sake! My absolute favorite and our given way to celebrate anything! It had been way to long since I had eaten sushi so it was beyond fabulous. What a night, thanks Lolly for babysitting!

My sister Monique came in from Dallas for the weekend and my twin Sara drove her up from LA. It was so great to have them here and for Monique to meet Sienna! My aunt Mimi and cousins also came to visit, so it was a full house and so much fun! I hadn't laughed that hard in quite some time! My sister Simone and her family were here a few days early this month which was also a wonderful time. My sisters are everything to me, I am so lucky to have them and consider them my very best friends. Its really hard not to all live in the same area!! Simone is moving back to LA this summer, which is very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker