Sunday, August 16, 2009

Mommy time, beach baby!

Ok, getting caught up on blogging, just a week behind!

Last Friday night and most of Saturday, we had Mommy and Sienna time! It was opening day for hunting season on Saturday, so we dropped Daddy off Friday evening to hang out with the guys and crash at his parent's house for an early morning wakeup. It was the first time as parents that both of us were not there for the night. But wasn't a problem as Sienna keeps to a good routine. I am sure Daddy had fun having beers and being out past 8:00, and hunting with family and friends. I rented chick flicks (He's just not that into you and bride wars) and caught up on Sienna snuggle time. And I took lots of pictures. Sienna also had fun moving all over the living room. After running to the bathroom, I came out to see her not there! And not where she usually rolls to. I looked to the side and she was over checking out Daddy's xbox!









Sunday I woke up early to take care of 2 weeks of laundry from being out of town the weekend before, cleaning and grocery shopping. Then we had a family afternoon and headed down to the coast. It was going to be 99 in Paso, so we figured the beach would be a nice option for the afternoon. I packed a picnic lunch and we drove the scenic route... Heading through Cayucos and Morro Bay it was overcast and windy, so we kept going to Avila Beach. It was also overcast there, but not that cold. We set up a blanket and relaxed on the beach for a bit. Sienna enjoyed rolling around, standing in the sand, and walking around in the baby bjorn.









Then we went to check out the Avila Valley Barn. Russell made fun of me and how excited I got with the animals. I forgot the camera in the car, but Sienna was very interested in the animals. She was also very interested in watching the older kids running around! We saw goats, emus, mini donkeys (my fav and future pet), pigs, cows, ponies, sheep, peacocks, ducks and chickens. I can't wait to go back when Sienna is older. You can buy veggies to feed the animals. There is also a ton of produce to buy, but we have our own source for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker