Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Four years in the making

Last Thursday was our 4th wedding anniversary! After having an AMAZING weekend getaway (another post) we wanted to celebrate the actual day low key. So after work we met at a flooring store (can't wait for the hardwoods!), exchanged gifts (Pretty pearl earrings to match my very special wedding necklace, and Russell got a nice new saute pan). Then we played with Sienna outside, did her bedtime routine, and then picked up sushi and sake to eat at home, and caught up on Top Chef. What a perfect night!

Remembering our wedding day is one of my favorite things to do. Just such happy memories! And one of the most special things about our wedding was the location- at Russell's family's ranch, where he grew up. The ceremony was in his grandma's incredibly beautiful side yard, and the party, I mean reception, was a few feet away. And we shared the day with 300+ of our closest family and friends :)

A couple weeks ago we were out at Russell's parents house and I wanted to get some springtime photos of Sienna since it is absolutely gorgeous at the ranch this time of year (why I wanted a spring wedding!) So our first stop for pictures was his grandma's and the wedding site. I enjoyed taking pictures of our baby in such a symbolic area...

Here I am pre-wedding in front of the beautiful yard where the ceremony was held:


Here's Sienna on the other side of that railing, looking out into Great Gma's beautiful flowers...


Here I am walking down the "aisle" with my dad (I loved that it wasn't through the center of the guests)

Here is Sienna walking the same path with her Daddy. Which makes me think, how perfect would it be for Sienna to get married here someday in the way distant future? No pressure at all Sienna!
We said our vows and had our first married kiss under a beautiful gazebo that Russell's Grandpa built...
Here is Sienna standing in that same spot...

And here she is playing on the grass where our closest family watched:

2 comments:

  1. happy anniversary molinas!

    that weekend was SOOOO fun. party is an understatement. scot and i had just gotten engaged, remember! look at us all now. great pics lady. happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you don't mind, but Mandy shared your link with me...Sienna is so beautiful! Also, {I already told Mandy via twitter} I want to live in your header, looks like a fabulous place to call home. Thanks again for the custom order it was fun working with you! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker