Monday, July 6, 2009

Back to work

So I survived my first day back to work. This is a day I have been dreading for quite some time now! (so much that I took vacation days last week to postpone my return until after the holiday weekend!) I couldn't sleep last night, felt like the night before the first day of school. I guess I can't complain too much, I did have 17 weeks off, and Sienna is lucky enough to stay at home with her Daddy. But still, it was tough!

Russell is actually going back to school next month! They have expanded the GI Bill to pay more (housing, books, tuition, etc.) and with the way the job market looks, we better take advantage! This is after having a heartbreaking fall through on a job the recruiter told him "you for sure will get the offer tomorrow" leading to weeks of not knowing what is going on, then figuring out the company decided not to hire anyone due to budget concerns. So frustrating! But everything happens for a reason, Sienna has had her Daddy home with her since the beginning, and we wouldn't trade that for anything! Russell who never ever wanted to be in a classroom again, will be working on a degree in welding technologies. His classes will be mostly at night which works out super well! So glad that it is falling into place...

So Russell had his math placement tests today and needed the car (the one able to transport a baby) so they droppped me off at work this morning. That way I had a few more moments with my baby and could take her on the rounds at work. I took her by when she was 2 weeks old, so everyone was of course amazed at how much she has grown. She was all smiles and giggles and enjoyed seeing new faces and talking blabber. Then it was reality as they left...

The day was about as good as you can expect. Everyone was happy to have me back, the lab has functioned fine without me, the whole "working" vibe came back a bit and I began to remember what and how to do what I am supposed to. Pumping at work was fine, that was my biggest concern about returning, but I am determined to keep it up, and now see that it might not be too bad. At least I am forced to take some breaks!

And I always have looked forward to the end of the work day, and loved the feeling when it finally comes, multiply that by a million when you have a baby waiting for you! And I remember the feeling of a monday and the countdown till friday.... but now the weekend will really be meaningful as family time!! (how many more days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker