Monday, July 13, 2009

Griffin



Today would have been Griffin's 11th Birthday. I have felt so many emotions today. I am so sad he is not here, upset that Sienna won't have him as a cousin, grateful to have known him and have so many memories, and proud of his incredible yet short life. I miss you Griffin: your smile, laugh, wisdom, humor, spirit, zest for life. Sienna will always know her cousin Griffey.

It was even harder today (the 5th time celebrating his birthday without him) because I am now a mom. I feel so much for my sister and her loss. Now I understand the love a mother has for her child, and can't imagine the pain she has endured and continues to live with. She is so amazing, her strength and courage (wonder where griffin got it!) I will be a better mom because of her.

Today we celebrated Griffin by eating chicken strips and mac n cheese for dinner with red mt dew and skittles for dessert (griffey favs). We sent red balloons up to heaven and watched his movie. We told Sienna all about her cousin, our hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker