Tuesday, July 21, 2009

One year ago today...

Was the day we found out I was pregnant! Wow, how much can happen and change in one year's time! It was a Monday and I had decided at work to buy a test on my way home. All day I was wondering "could this really be?" I was so anxious to just get home and find out. My sister assured me that yes, we are fertile, and I just had the feeling that I was indeed pregnant. I rushed home, took the test (in a hurry, we were meeting our realtor to look at a house). Almost immediately it showed two lines! We were going to be parents! I can't describe that feeling! Russell and I looked at each other, hugged each other so tight, what an incredible moment to share with my love. Then we were out the door. My thoughts were racing, already planning out the next steps. We saw the house, really liked it, decided that night it was meant to be, and put in an offer the very next morning, and the next day it was accepted. What a week! I will never forget the feeling of seeing that plastic stick indicate our lives will be forever changed as we began the rewarding and love-filled journey of parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker