Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Training has begun!

I have taken a huge step to better myself and help others!! I am now a very proud member of Team In Training for the Luekemia & Lymphoma Society. I am training to run in my first half marathon- in San Diego June 6th. I am so excited!! And its about time I do something active! I have a long way to go, but am looking forward to the challenge and know it will be so rewarding!

I will be running for my nephew Griffin, running for his friends also in Heaven, running for my mom, running for my family and every family that has been effected by cancer, running to keep Griffin's fight alive. I am so honored to be an aunt of such a remarkable person. Griffin never gave up in his fight against "the bad guys" (his cancer) and always kept a smile on his face! I have learned so much about life and myself through him, and I feel so lucky to be ABLE to face this challenge.

If you want to learn more about Team In Training, please visit my fundraising webpage. Please consider donating $13.10 (a dollar a mile) to help me reach my goal of $5,000! No amount is too small, and every dollar, every mile WILL help us reach a CURE!! Participants of Team In Training (normal people like you and me) have raised $1 BILLION! Money directly funding research, leading to groundbreaking advances, and improving patient care! Talk about an incredible organization to be a part of!

http://pages.teamintraining.org/los/rnr10/rmolina69g

I will also keep you posted on my progress. I am one week in (of 18 weeks). Thank goodness I have coaches, mentors and teammates to help me along (with a very detailed training plan). On Saturdays (long distance days) we meet and run as a team. During the week I am on my own (with help from a new treadmill!) So far, its been just 2 miles at a time. But the miles will add on fast! But so far I have made it, and know with Griffin behind me, I can face anything!!

Did I mention that I HATE running? I have always felt like every second is torture! Even many years ago in my atlethic basketball days, I could sprint back in forth, play for hours, but run any kind of long distance? Forget it! So overcoming this, and possibly enjoying running one day will be a huge achievement for me. I have always thought people that chose to run and actually liked it, were 100% insane, but maybe I can change my mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker