Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Welcome to the world, Makayla!

Last Monday, February 8, Sienna's newest cousin Makayla Grace was born! She is Russell's cousin Alisa and her husband Daniel second daughter and she is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations Martinez family!! Alisa had a planned c-section but decided to keep the date secret (as well as the name) so we were eagerly anticipating the news! Everything went well with delivery and baby and Mommy are very happy and healthy. And Samantha is a very proud big sister!! Makayla weighed in at 9 pounds, 9 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long.

Sienna and I went to visit on Thursday, their second day at home, and I fell in LOVE with this little girl! It felt incredible to hold a little baby, I almost couldn't remember how it felt. While I held Makayla, Sienna cruised around and played all on her own with "older" toys and it was amazing to me to think about how far we have come... Sami was a little bit older than Sienna is now when Sienna was born... All that can happen in just one year's time! (Yes, I just admitted Sienna is almost a year old! WOW!) I am so grateful to have the Martinez family so close to us, and am thrilled for Sienna to have cousins to grow up with! And even more exciting news, Alisa's brother Kyle and his wife Karri will soon be welcoming a baby girl as well (she is due on the 28th!)

I forgot my camera when we went to visit, so I stole a picture... Here is Makayla soon after birth, how precious is she?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker